tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Florent.BENOIT" <Florent.BEN...@objectweb.org>
Subject Re: Osgifing Tomcat
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2008 17:47:38 GMT
Henri Gomez wrote:
> Indeed
>
> I'll try to spend some time on mavenize tomcatlight first and how it
> could be done then for tomcat trunk.
>
> Next how to OSGIfy the mavenized tomcats, experiences and advices welcomed here

Once Tomcat has been mavenized, with maven-bundle-plugin you can produce
bundles by specifying the import/export/private/etc. package in a
specific file or in the maven pom.xml file.
This plugin can analyze the existing classes (with BND tool) and may do
a lot of work for you to detect the packages that you want to
import/export/etc.

After that, you may begin to start to use OSGi Declarative Services,
Apache Felix iPOJO, etc.

Florent