tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: mod_jk and Apache 2.2.x
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2008 06:16:02 GMT
Henri Gomez schrieb:
> Good.
>
> What do you means by 'in all httpd production releases'.

With "Only use httpd API functions available in all httpd production
releases of the chosen major httpd release branch" I try to say: for any
a.b.X it will use only API functions, available in all versions a.b.c
arbitrary c). So especially if X > c and there is a new function in
a.b.X we won't use it. So if you use this configure flag, you are on the
safe side. Maybe I should add "Use this flag, if you expect to deploy
the binary mod_jk module on a minor version of httpd older than the one
you were using for compiling the module."

> Apache 2.2.x is allready used in production, and how to determine
> which releases of http 2.2.x are 'production releases' or not.

Yes, I should remove those "production releases". We don't support the
other ones anyhow. All of 2.even.x is production.

> BTW, good idea this --enable-api-compatibility

Thanks.

Regards,

Rainer