tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Osgifing Tomcat
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2008 00:17:51 GMT

On Apr 22, 2008, at 6:25 PM, Paul Benedict wrote:

> Is that enough so that web applications, either as a whole or in
> partial,
> can be upgraded without stopping them? It's my understanding that if
> web
> applications are loaded in an OSGi classloader, these kind of things
> are
> possible.

I've heard various claims of this nature from osgi zealots, but when
talking to apparent experts the only things resembling this they
seemed to know about were grad student experiments that did not have
production use as even a far-in-the-future goal.  Do you know of any
actual examples of this kind of behavior that actually work under load?

thanks
david jencks