tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Mavenizing Tomcat : Was: Osgifing Tomcat
Date Wed, 30 Apr 2008 02:09:13 GMT
On Tue, 2008-04-29 at 21:03 -0400, Yoav Shapira wrote:
> But like I said earlier, it's not worth disrupting the current Tomcat
> build or source layout.  Only if it can be done without requiring any
> changes, which it can.

I will still vote against any inclusion of Maven usage in TC 6.0, 5.5
and 4.1 (and for these branches only).

The current build scripts are fully tested and work well. Adding
additional methods of building or replacing these scripts altogether
would only provide ways to create and/or release broken binaries.

Rémy