tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jess Holle <je...@ptc.com>
Subject Re: Fix #43236
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2008 22:52:42 GMT
Leech, Jonathan wrote:
> I read the spec the same way as you do.
> I have written filters that are even more permissive than this fix, and
> I have also written filters that strictly adhere to the spec.
> Strictly adhering to the spec is definitely the way to go.
> If you want/need your application to violate the spec, you can write a
> filter that allows it.
>
> I wasn't aware that you can call getOutputStream() in a JSP, when did
> that change?

I'm not 100% certain this works.  I am rather certain you can have a JSP
forward to something else that calls getOutputStream() -- effectively on
the same response.  I suspect the same sort of thing would work in the
page itself.

Of course you have to be sure not to fill (and to reset) your
JspWriter's buffer in any case.

--
Jess Holle