tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From George Sexton <gsex...@mhsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Reorder the http header generated by tomcat
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2008 16:06:53 GMT

Jim Jagielski wrote:
> Why?

Evidently because he doesn't understand how to write a sort routine that
will put them in the order he would like...

So, he wants you to do it for him.

I can sort of understand the desire. I had to write an iCal parser, and
it turns out that it's a lot easier to do if the order of the fields is
somewhat deterministic. Still, it's no excuse for not handling it in his
own code if his code has a dependency on the order.

> On Mar 5, 2008, at 1:07 AM, Hanks Wang (hanwan) wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'd like to describe my problem clearer:
>>
>> Currently the http header which generated by Tomcat is something like:
>>
>> Accept-Ranges: none
>> Server: test123
>>
>> Can I change it into below order?
>> Server: test123