tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Tomcat Wiki] Update of "FAQ/Bugs" by markt
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2008 18:03:44 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by markt:
http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/FAQ/Bugs

The comment on the change is:
Restore the question list. Note numbers are arbitary and can be in any order.

  If you think you found a bug, [http://tomcat.apache.org/bugreport.html read this page].

  == Questions ==
+  1. [#Q1 I have a bug, what do I do?]
+  1. [#Q2 Why does feature ABC work in Servlet Container XYZ but not in Tomcat?]
+  1. [#Q3 I submitted a bug, why is it ignored?]

+ == Answers ==
- '''I have a bug, what do I do?'''
+ [[Anchor(Q1)]]'''I have a bug, what do I do?'''

  Unless you have the source code reference in Tomcat which is wrong, it may not be a bug.
E-mail the [http://tomcat.apache.org/faq/tomcatuser.html user list] and confirm its a bug.
Also [http://tomcat.apache.org/bugreport.html read this] first from the tomcat site about
reporting a bug.

- '''Why does feature ABC work in Servlet Container XYZ but not in Tomcat?'''
+ [[Anchor(Q2)]]'''Why does feature ABC work in Servlet Container XYZ but not in Tomcat?'''

  There could be a good chance that the other servlet container could be implementing the
spec wrong.

- '''I submitted a bug, why is it ignored?'''
+ [[Anchor(Q3)]]'''I submitted a bug, why is it ignored?'''

   Any of the following may affect someone acting on a bug:
      * Is it a bug?