tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Wyraz <>
Subject Re: Implementing wildcard hostnames or aliases
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2008 15:34:34 GMT
Hi Pid,
> Is there a reason why you can't exploit the defaultHost attribute of
> the Engine element in server.xml?
Using the default host would result in that I can do that wildcard
mapping only for one host. Additionally also any other host that maps to
any if der server's IPs and even the IPs itself would be mapped to the
default domain.

Currently I'm running a workaround with
apache+mod_rewrite+mod_proxy+mod_header: I set the "host" to one host
that is mapped in tomcat. Then I set an extra header which contains
original host.  My Servlet checks if that header exists and uses this
instead of the host header. Not a fine solution but it works for the moment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message