tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Wyraz <>
Subject Re: Implementing wildcard hostnames or aliases
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2008 11:36:56 GMT

I have done further research for this topic and I found a solution for
tomcat 5.5:
Should this also work on Tomcat 6 (simply to change the Mapper
Can the mapper class be replaced via configuration (I don't think so
beause it's final and has no interfaces)?

I've read a discussion about the change above but there was decied not
to add this to the tomcat sources because it slows down the mapping by
0,05%. Maybe the code could be changed in a way that there's no
noticeable slowdown when wildcards are disabled. I have no idea how much
the slowdown would be if I'd add 100 extra host aliases instead of a
wildcard but I think it would be similar.

Regards, Michael.