tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Wyraz <li...@wyraz.de>
Subject Implementing wildcard hostnames or aliases
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2008 08:06:26 GMT
Hi,

I was searching for a way to use wildcard host names in tomcat (e.g.
*.myhost.com). With the current implementation it seems not to be
possible. I found some ideas like using a valve at engine level which
forwards to the correct hostname. The problem with this is that the
servlets wouln'd see the original hostname then (correct me if I'm wrong
with that).

So I'm looking for a way to implement this. Since tomcat is very
modular, maybe it's just one component which needs to be replaced by a
modified one. But I'm not a tomcat developer and so I have no idea where
to start with that. So could you help with some ideas how I could
implement this? I would do the implementation and send the results to
the devel team.

Regards, Michael.