tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@joedog.org>
Subject Re: Tomcat 6.0.16 Startup Listener
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2008 00:48:58 GMT
Unless I am misreading something - this looks to be an accident in
web.xml processing. See lines 198 - 209 in trunk for
org.apache.catalina.startup.WebRuleSet and you'll see this twice:

digester.addCallMethod(prefix + "web-app/listener/listener-class",
                                 "addApplicationListener", 0);

In a quick test - any listener in web.xml is called out as a dup if
declared in web.xml

So we went from not reporting to spuriously reporting due to a very old
bug which wasn't a bug because dups were ignored but now is a bug since
we call out that you tried to register a dup. (But you didn't register a
dup, we just called addListener twice)

doh.

-Tim