tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release build 6.0.16
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2008 18:56:55 GMT
Rainer Jung wrote:
> Remy Maucherat wrote:
>> Rainer Jung wrote:

>>> One small note: there is a new Thumbs.db file in
>>> server/webapps/host-manager/images which doesn't come from svn and
>>> wasn't there in 6.0.14. I guess it was auto-generated by some of
>>> those smart service on the build system and we don't really want it
>>> in future releases.
>>
>> That's caused by me building on Windows [XP] for the Windows
>> installer. I can redo the binaries before putting them in the wild,
>> but obviously it shouldn't be a huge issue.
>>
>> Rémy
>
> I would agree with keeping the files we used for testing. No need for
> repackaging, ...
<snip />

As far as our voting goes, the only thing that matters is the source
release. We are free to re-package the binaries as much, or as little, as
we wish providing we don't modify the build script since that would be
modifying the source.

Personally, I would repackage it but I am not that bothered about it. I am
happy which ever way Remy chooses to go on this.

Mark