tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release build 6.0.16
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2008 16:57:17 GMT
Remy Maucherat wrote:
> Rainer Jung wrote:
>> Remy Maucherat schrieb:
>>> The candidates binaries are available here:
>>> http://people.apache.org/~remm/tomcat-6/v6.0.16/
>>>
>>> According to the release process, the 6.0.16 tag is:
>>> [ ] Broken
>>> [ ] Alpha
>>> [ ] Beta
>>> [X] Stable
>>>
>>> Rémy
>>
>> One small note: there is a new Thumbs.db file in
>> server/webapps/host-manager/images which doesn't come from svn and
>> wasn't there in 6.0.14. I guess it was auto-generated by some of those
>> smart service on the build system and we don't really want it in
>> future releases.
>
> That's caused by me building on Windows [XP] for the Windows installer.
> I can redo the binaries before putting them in the wild, but obviously
> it shouldn't be a huge issue.
>
> Rémy

I would agree with keeping the files we used for testing. No need for
repackaging, because the issue is so small and there's always a little
risk in repackaging. So I would suggest to simply proceed with the files
we tested (and maybe have a short look at the contents of the Thumbs.db,
so we know we don't deliver something compromising ... :) )

Regards,

Rainer