tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <devli...@hanik.com>
Subject Heads up: Bayeux contribution
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2008 03:16:16 GMT
Guy Molinari and myself have completed a Bayuex implementation.
You can find it at:
http://svn.hanik.com/viewvc/tomcat-bayeux/
user: tomcat
password: tomcat

We are now waiting for Guy's CLA to be registered and then we are ready
to contribute it to the Tomcat code base.
We did rework the dojox.cometd server side API, just cleaned it up and
simplified it a lot. We have proposed the changes back to them, but if
they don't accept it, I'd suggest we branch off and create our own API
for the server side components. As long as it follows the spec, that
should be fine, as the spec is only for the protocol.

Feel free to test drive it and look over the code and provide any
feedback/criticism you might have.

note, the samples are not part of the contribution, only the server side
Java code, instead we plan on creating new samples to demonstrate the
different usages of the API.

Filip