tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Christophe Pierret" <cpier...@sparus-software.com>
Subject Content of Thumbs.db files (was RE: [VOTE] Release build 6.0.16)
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2008 17:23:41 GMT
I think that it is safe to ship the thumbs.db inside the archives.
Thumbs.db is the image thumbnail database generated by Windows Explorer when you display images
in Explorer.
So it will only deliver information about the images in the directory where it sits.
You can use http://www.dmthumbs.com/ to have a look inside the file to verify it ...

Best regards,
Christophe

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Rainer Jung [mailto:rainer.jung@kippdata.de]
Envoyé : mardi 5 février 2008 17:57
À : Tomcat Developers List
Objet : Re: [VOTE] Release build 6.0.16

Remy Maucherat wrote:
> Rainer Jung wrote:
>> Remy Maucherat schrieb:
>>> The candidates binaries are available here:
>>> http://people.apache.org/~remm/tomcat-6/v6.0.16/
>>>
>>> According to the release process, the 6.0.16 tag is:
>>> [ ] Broken
>>> [ ] Alpha
>>> [ ] Beta
>>> [X] Stable
>>>
>>> Rémy
>>
>> One small note: there is a new Thumbs.db file in
>> server/webapps/host-manager/images which doesn't come from svn and
>> wasn't there in 6.0.14. I guess it was auto-generated by some of those
>> smart service on the build system and we don't really want it in
>> future releases.
>
> That's caused by me building on Windows [XP] for the Windows installer.
> I can redo the binaries before putting them in the wild, but obviously
> it shouldn't be a huge issue.
>
> Rémy

I would agree with keeping the files we used for testing. No need for
repackaging, because the issue is so small and there's always a little
risk in repackaging. So I would suggest to simply proceed with the files
we tested (and maybe have a short look at the contents of the Thumbs.db,
so we know we don't deliver something compromising ... :) )

Regards,

Rainer