tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Tomcat Wiki] Update of "TomcatVersions" by markt
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2008 00:04:14 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by markt:
http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/TomcatVersions

     * markt: Yes, if it is agreed to drop support for it
   * What level of support do we want to provide for 5.5.x?
     * markt: Bug fixes and security fixes, no enhancements
+
+ = Overview =
+ This page provides a high-level view of each of the past, current and planned major Tomcat
versions.
-  * Once we have a stable release of 6.2.x, what support do we want to provide for 6.0.x?
-    * markt: None. The API change is likely to be minor and impact zero to very few users.
If it is an issue then we can change our minds and limit it to just security fixes.
-  * What features/API changes do we want to include in 6.2.x
-    * remm: It could be limited to the AnnotationProcessor -> InstanceManager replacement,
and have the branch simply take over for 6.0.x immediately. This also allows placing 6.0.x
in security fixes mode since 6.2 is a trivial upgrade path.
-    * markt: I'd go further and not do any updates for 6.0.x
-  * What features/API changes do we want to put in 6.3.x for future inclusion in 6.4.x and/or
7.0.x?
-    * markt: That is what the STATUS file and voting is for ;)

  = Tomcat 3.3.x =
  ||Spec versions:||Servlet 2.2, JSP 1.1||
@@ -59, +55 @@

  = Tomcat 6.2.x =
  ||Spec versions:||Servlet 2.5, JSP 2.1||
- ||Stable:||Yes||
- ||Enhancements:||Yes||
- ||Bug Fixes:||Yes||
- ||Security Fixes:||Yes||
- ||Process:||RTC||
- ||Listed on download pages||Yes||
- ||Release Manager:||TBD||
  Features:
   * 6.0.x plus
-  * Geronimo API changes
-  * TBD
+  * http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/trunk/NOTES-FOR-TOMCAT-6.2.txt
+  * TBD - additional features will be added to the above file

- = Tomcat 6.3.x =
+ = Tomcat 7.0.x =
- ||Spec versions:||Servlet 2.5, JSP 2.1||
+ ||Spec versions:||Servlet 2.6?, JSP 2.2?||
- ||Stable:||No||
- ||Enhancements:||Yes||
- ||Bug Fixes:||Yes||
- ||Security Fixes:||Yes||
- ||Process:||CTR||
- ||Listed on download pages||Yes||
- ||Release Manager:||TBD||
- Features:
+ Features
-  * 6.2.x plus
+  * 6.x plus
-  * TBD
+  * http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/trunk/NOTES-FOR-TOMCAT-7.txt
+  * TBD - additional features will be added to the above file

  = Unsupported versions =
  The following versions are no longer supported. The source is still available from SVN and
both source and binary downloads are available from the archives.