tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Stusynski, Dan" <dstusyn...@ptc.com>
Subject isapi_redirector.vbs Tomcat Connector IIS 7 Compatibility
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2008 21:02:50 GMT
Greetings,

I searched around and couldn't find anything related so I thought I'd
pose the question.

I am curious if there will be any movement, or if there already has
been, to update the isapi_redirector.vbs IIS ISAPI configuration script
for IIS 7.0 compatibility? As it stands, 1.2.26's version requires the
enabling of the optional IIS7 role service "IIS 6 Metabase
Compatiblilty" to work. After enabling this service the script executes
and maps everything as it should.

One could certainly merely disable the IIS 6 Metabase Compatibility
after the scripts execution since everything has been configured and
internally mapped to IIS 7 configuration.

However, an IIS 7.0 compatible configuration script without the need to
enable optional modules and reboot the server would seem ideal.

My apologies if this has been brought up/addressed previously.

Dan Stusynski