tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Milou <emmanuel.mi...@savoirfairelinux.com>
Subject Wrong path to servlet - 404 Not Found
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2008 19:05:38 GMT
Hi,
i am running JDK 1.6.0_03, Apache-Tomcat5.5.25 with connector mod_jk
(ajp13). My application worked fine with Tomcat5.5 with the same
configuration and same code. I have problems since the update to
Tomcat5.5.25.
When I click on an option in the menu bar of my home page, a simple JSP
code is executed to call the servlet:
/getServletContext().getRequestDispatcher("/servlet/path_to_servlet").forward(request,response)/;

The problem is that before the page is displayed, the path is modified,
and if the JSP file was in a subdirectory (for instance named toto), the
name of the directory is prepended to the path, and finally the browser
looks for /toto/servlet/path_to_servlet, which doesn't exist and I get
an 404 Not Found Error. The right URL is /servlet/path_to_servlet, it
works when I manually test.
It gives the same result for each JSP file saved in a subdirectory.
Every servlet is declared in my web.xml.
i know it looks like a simple configuration problem but it's not because
it used to work well with the same config on Tomcat5.5.
Could the problem occurs because of the changelog? or a bug in the
connector mod_jk?

Thanks for your help

--
Emmanuel Milou