tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r611940 - /tomcat/trunk/RELEASE-NOTES
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2008 19:14:42 GMT
Peter Rossbach wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> it isn't true that we don't use commons-logging. Please check extra.xml
> ant build file!
>
> -1

True, but that isn't what this section of the release nores is talking
about. If you look at the entire RELEASE-NOTES file the section I removed
commons-logging from starts with:

<quote>
Bundled APIs:
A standard installation of Tomcat 6.0 makes all of the following APIs
available for use by web applications (by placing them in "lib"):
</quote>

We do not include commons-logging in the lib directory hence it isn't
available for use by web applications. This is why the lib was removed from
this section of the release notes.

Mark