tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] tcnative releases independent from tomcat
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2008 17:44:16 GMT
Remy Maucherat wrote:

> (for example, existing Tomcat
> users will be able to take 1.1.12 and use it with older Tomcat releases
> to fix a bug), so it would need a release vote and separate tagging.

Sure, the same can be done with commons-logging.jar from
any future version I suppose ;)

Anyhow, the major problem I have with that sudden change is
because we had a working solution for 2.5 years.
Within last 24 hours we had lots of discussion and a vote
for something that is in essence an administrative problem.
IMHO if we have an administrative problem, first we need to
solve that (simply moving the tarballs to private location).
Later we can discuss on the tomcat-native future.
24 hours is simply not enough to get any proper decision
that would last at least 2.5 years :)

Regards,
Mladen