tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] tcnative releases independent from tomcat
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2008 16:26:59 GMT
Remy Maucherat wrote:

> The native component can be used by many Tomcat releases, and has been
> tagged and released independently. Of course, it is often done in sync
> with Tomcat to introduce new APIs, but overall it's quite similar to
> mod_jk releases.

But it's not even close to the mod_jk concept.
Mod_jk is included inside native web servers, while native
is integral part of tomcat, jut like any other java connector.

The only small difference ;)
is that part of this connector happens to be written in C.
We should start treating it this way instead trying to
bail out, just because it requires some extra work for RM.

Cheers,
Mladen