tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From jean-frederic clere <jfcl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Native 1.1.12 release
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2008 11:48:43 GMT
Mladen Turk wrote:
> jean-frederic clere wrote:
>> Mark Thomas wrote:

>>> This is my preferred option. There would also need to be a release
>>> vote for all the src distros on a.o/dist.
>>
>> And we should remove any of the files that doesn't get voted.
>>

>>> If there is some show stopper issue with releasing native separately
>>> that I haven't seen, then I am happy as the svn solution as an
>>> alternative.
>>
>> I am now working on arranging trunk to use a separated tcnative. Part
>> of the logic is already in the actual code.
>>

> I can only tell you that I'll vote -1 on any attempt
> to make the tomcat native connector as separate product.
>
> We should better remove it altogether from the Tomcat distribution
> until we either find a way to build it together with Tomcat
> or just forget about it.

The actual situation is bad:
- a source tarball contains the tcnative sources corresponding to the
tomcat tag.
- a binary tarball contains the tcnative sources (in a tarball)
corresponding to the
/dist/tomcat/tomcat-connectors/native/tomcat-native-x.y.z-src.tar.gz
(1.0.10 actualy)

We have to fix that.

Cheers

Jean-Frederic