tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Native 1.1.12 release
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2008 00:25:14 GMT
Mladen Turk wrote:

> Because it's native and the one that makes a release needs
> some extra prerequisites to build it.

Part of this confusion is that projects never vote on binary
artifacts, they vote on source code releases.

Because the sources land in tags/ and a tarball, I'd strongly
consider a release vote is manditory before some binary
artifacts are shipped.  I understand the desire to make this
"easy" for the RM, and the statement that its "useless" from
outside of tomcat, but the simple fact is that this is a
released unit of code, separately versioned, determined before
the "real release" of Tomcat is designated.