tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Native 1.1.12 release
Date Mon, 14 Jan 2008 23:26:27 GMT
Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:
> you're other option is to just vote on tcnative separately, and that way
> utilize all the ASF mirrors and release sites

But that is exactly what we should *not* do.
Tomcat comes with it's native, so if you upgrade the
Tomcat, upgrade its native as well (if changed)

Like said, all that can be easy done by simply
extending requirements for building Tomcat release.
One will need Python and a set of GNU build tools,
and we can easily forget the native helper tarballs.

It would mean that you will need *nix for building
the Tomcat release, but that's fine with me.

If the Tomcat RM's are fine with that, it's a very
simple task.

Regards,
Mladen