tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Native 1.1.12 release
Date Mon, 14 Jan 2008 23:15:11 GMT
Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:
> you're other option is to just vote on tcnative separately, and that way
> utilize all the ASF mirrors and release sites

A vote seems to be the quickest and best solution along with standard
releases (like mod_jk) going forward.

It isn't like there is a lack of people ready to vote +1 on this. We just
need the vote thread.

(IANAL - my terminology may not be spot on)
Until there is a vote all of the legal liability associated with the
release sits with the person who copied the code into www.a.o/dist rather
than with the ASF. Once we have a vote, the release is official and if
there are any problems it is the ASF that gets sued.

Therefore, in the interests of fixing the legal issues ASAP I'll call a
vote in a separate thread.

Mark