tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Native 1.1.12 release
Date Mon, 14 Jan 2008 23:13:17 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> Mladen Turk wrote:
>>
>> OK if you insist.
>
> The *Foundation* insists ;-)

OK ;)

>> I suppose we can then use the src tarball from the heanet.ie
>> site (used by the installer BTW) instead dist site.
>
> Or you can remove the file to /dev/dist/, and hold a release vote already?
>
>  > Or we can have it inside
>  > http://tomcat.apache.org/dev/dist/tomcat-connectors/
>
> /dev/dist/ should be for files that will (ultimately) be released,
> or taken down when they fail to garner the necessary votes.  That
> area should not become a clearinghouse - trust me, I've seen it
> happen to snapshots I'd created.  It's not for 'public consumption'.

The whole problem is miss understanding.
Those files are merely helper files for building Tomcat.
They are not, nor ever be released. They are released together
with Tomcat as tomcat-native.tar.gz inside /bin

I've moved the 1.1.12 and 1.1.10 native connector tag tarballs to
the tomcat/dev/dist.
I'll later change the build.properties.default to point to that
new location. Since it's used only for building Tomcat dist, the
actual url holding them is irrelevant.

Regards,
Mladen