tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Native 1.1.12 release
Date Mon, 14 Jan 2008 10:20:26 GMT
Henri Gomez wrote:
>> No, like said, Tomcat Native is voted *together*
>> with Tomcat version that contains it.
>
> May be but the version numbers are different.
>
> It seems very similar to mod_jk in my opinion, since it's a part of
> Tomcat but not mandatory.

But it's not. We don't have announce for Tomcat Native (so no release),
and tomcat-native.tar.gz (created from tomcat-native-x.x.x.tar.gz)
is integral part of tomcat-x.x.x.tar.gz distribution, referenced
by the build.properties.
So we need tomcat-native.x.x.x.tar.gz to be able to create the
tomcat-native.tar.gz. We could create tomcat-native.tar.gz
directly, but it would require set of native build tools,
so this is just convenient methodology of doing things.
Not to mention that windows installer would need windows
binaries created, etc.

Regards,
Mladen