tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Native 1.1.12 release
Date Mon, 14 Jan 2008 09:47:21 GMT
Henri Gomez wrote:
>> Tomcat native is not separate product, but rather an integral
>> part of Tomcat distribution. The need for tag is needed because
>> we'd need to put some serious native part build (as well as tools)
>> when building Tomcat. Perhaps some day we'll do that, so we can
>> tag the Tomcat together with native, call the
>> buildconf.sh and create the native .tar.gz all at the same time.
>>
>> Hope that explains.
>
> Do we need to vote right now ?

No, like said, Tomcat Native is voted *together*
with Tomcat version that contains it.

The only reason to have a thing we call
"tomcat native version" is so that current and
history builds can be reproduced, because
demanding full set of native build tools for
building tomcat is unrealistic right now thought.

Regards,
Mladen