tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Yaakov Chaikin" <yaakov.chai...@gmail.com>
Subject Process for contributing
Date Tue, 01 Jan 2008 01:07:05 GMT
Hi,

This might be or might not be off topic for this mailing list... Not sure.

I was wondering how the Tomcat development as well as other Apache
projects manage the fact that besides the approved committers, there
might be other people who would want to contribute. Is there some sort
of automated mechanism that is put in place where the code from a
person who is not one of the main committers submits his code and that
code gets either approved or not? What's the procedure for something
like that?

If there is an official Apache document about my question, please let
me know the URL.

Thanks,
Yaakov.