tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Petrelli" <antonio.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Memory leak with tagfiles - re-use JasperLoader?
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2007 11:06:09 GMT
2007/12/10, Remy Maucherat <remm@apache.org>:

> This is a hack. This may work great for you, and that's the whole point
> of using OSS, but this is not a solution for others.

Here I disagree: at Struts we were discussing one big problem with JSP (that
depends on the specification, not the platform): JSP are not reachable
through the classpath.
This is one of the reasons because many people is moving from JSP to
FreeMarker and Velocity.
I know that this question is a lot different to the Christoph's one, but the
classloading case is similar. The patch is a hack and it should be taken as
it is, but probably a "pluggable" way of defining how to load JSP servlet
classes could be useful (in this case Jasper would be used outside of Tomcat
itself).

Antonio