tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Md. Jahid Shohel" <jsho...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat SSL handshaking
Date Sat, 08 Dec 2007 10:30:26 GMT
Hi,
(Sorry for resending the same message. There were some typo. I am
really sorry for resending)

First of all Filip and Bill, thanks a lot for such a good suggestion.
Though I still didnt implement, but I will give a try according you
said.

One more question, can you tell me when the first user request an SSL
request (i mean by https://www.mysite.com) then from which part of code
sends server's certificate to client?

Also, how can i protect, so that tomcat doesn't go to any Certificate
Authority (CA) to clarify client's certificate?

Getting control on whole handshaking is the perfect solution for me.
And also seeing how tomcat do that handshaking (i mean from a to z of
tomcat's handshaking, from client's sending "hello" to finally session
key generation) will be a good help to know how to hook my own
handshaking. Also, if you tell me where to see for the implementation,
then I can get some idea while I am implementing my part of code.

If you have any suggestion, please let me know.

Regards,

Jahid