tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r605000 [1/2] - in /tomcat/trunk/java/org/apache: ./ catalina/core/ catalina/deploy/ catalina/security/ catalina/startup/ catalina/util/ jasper/ jasper/compiler/ jasper/runtime/ jasper/servlet/
Date Thu, 27 Dec 2007 23:10:21 GMT
Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:
> Mark Thomas wrote:
>> fhanik@apache.org wrote:
>>
>>> Author: fhanik
>>> Date: Mon Dec 17 12:55:56 2007
>>> New Revision: 605000

>>> Log:
>>> port new annotation logic from previous trunk
>>>

>> -1.
>>
> give it some time, before you veto it, not a release branch, no need to
> spill the eggnog yet :)

It wasn't meant to be a particularly strong veto but it is a veto. I am not
asking for an immediate revert (since I can revert it locally), I am asking
that the code gets fixed in the short to medium term.

> I will look into it

Great - that is all I was looking for.

>> An unrelated minor point is org.apache.InstanceManager should be moved,
>> probably to org.apache.catalina.InstanceManager, as we don't have control
>> over the org.apache package.
>>
> no-can-do, this was discussed previously, I suggested org.apache.tomcat
> and that was turned down, see archives

I remember the discussion. If you don't want to move it as part of your
patch I'll wait until these changes are complete and then propose a patch
to move any classes still in org.apache and we'll see what votes the patch
gets.

Mark