tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <devli...@hanik.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r603074 - /tomcat/trunk/java/org/apache/catalina/loader/WebappClassLoader.java
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2007 15:27:38 GMT
Tim Funk wrote:
> But is name a string constant or is it built by using concatenation
> (via reading XML via digester or other)? If its the latter, then name
> is not a string constant.
that's a good point, one would expect most names to be pooled when it
comes to implicit class loading, although as you say, not a guarantee.
in findClassInternal, we do synchronized(this), so maybe we should not
need to introduce another locking object, when we already have the
instance itself.

Filip