tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <devli...@hanik.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat SSL handshaking
Date Fri, 07 Dec 2007 18:45:37 GMT
really only one way of doing it.
In the BIO connector
protocol="org.apache.coytote.http11.Http11Protocol", the handshake
happens inside the blocking streams (at the JSSE layer), so I don't
think you can control it here.
In the APR connector
protocol="org.apache.coytote.http11.Http11AprProtocol", the handshake
happens inside the openssl layer, so you can't do it there

In the NIO connector
protocol="org.apache.coytote.http11.Http11NioProtocol", the handshake
happens inside the SSLEngine, but you could swap that out, since this is
the only connector that actually gets hold of the bytes that get sent
over the network. The code for this would be
org/apache/tomcat/util/net/SecureNioChannel.java, look at the handshake
method

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/tomcat/tc6.0.x/trunk/java/org/apache/tomcat/util/net/SecureNioChannel.java?view=markup

Filip