tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Korn, Christoph" <K...@ImmobilienScout24.de>
Subject AW: Memory leak with tagfiles - re-use JasperLoader?
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2007 12:15:54 GMT

> This is a hack. This may work great for you, and that's the
> whole point of using OSS, but this is not a solution for
> others.

Sure this is a dirty hack and I haven't tested it for more than five
minutes. As I have no deep understanding of the Tomcat code and what
side effects the patch might have, I don't want to propose this as a
fix.

I just wanted to start a discussion about this issue and see if you are
aware of this problem. Maybe this discussion may lead to a better
solution than my dirty hack.

Precompiling the JSPs may be a workaround. I'll try this out. Thanks.

christoph