tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Tomcat Wiki] Update of "FAQ/Miscellaneous" by Dan
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2007 22:14:43 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by Dan:
http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/FAQ/Miscellaneous

The comment on the change is:
improving an answer

  '''How do I enable/disable directory listings?'''

- This is done in TOMCAT_HOME/conf/web.xml by changing the listings property for the default
servlet.
+ To make a global change, this is done in TOMCAT_HOME/conf/web.xml by changing the listings
property for the default servlet.
+
+ If you want to enable it for an individual webapp, then you need to add something similar
to the following to your web.xml file:
+
+ {{{
+    <servlet>
+        <servlet-name>listing</servlet-name>
+        <servlet-class>org.apache.catalina.servlets.DefaultServlet</servlet-class>
+        <init-param>
+            <param-name>debug</param-name>
+            <param-value>0</param-value>
+        </init-param>
+        <init-param>
+            <param-name>listings</param-name>
+            <param-value>true</param-value>
+        </init-param>
+        <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
+    </servlet>
+
+    <servlet-mapping>
+        <servlet-name>listing</servlet-name>
+        <url-pattern>/</url-pattern>
+    </servlet-mapping>
+
+ }}}

  '''How do I make Tomcat listen on a specific IP address instead of all available addresses?'''