tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Wraith <habo...@yahoo.com>
Subject implementing shared tomcat hosting
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2007 20:35:50 GMT
  HaBoreh@yahoo.com
  Hi,

  I attempting to provide JSP/Servlet (shared JVM), support for multiple sites through my
hosting company.

  My configuration is as follows:

  OS: CentOS
  Tomcat: 5.5.9
  JDK: 1.5+

  Right now I have it so that a website that has a *.jsp will work properly. However, Tomcat
is not finding the individual mysite/WEB-INF/ folder.

  I have in …/tomcat/conf/server.xml, the following:

  <Host name="www.mywebsite.com" appBase="/home/mywebsite/public_html">
  <Context path=""
      reloadable="true" docBase="/home/mywebsite/public_html"
  debug="1"/>
  <Context path="/manager" debug="0" privileged="true"
      docBase="/usr/local/jakarta/tomcat/server/webapps/manager">
  </Context>
  </Host>

  This makes the JSP’s in my site work just fine but not the Servlets or tag libs.

  What can I do?

  Thanks in advanced, Leo