tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Henri Gomez" <henri.go...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New Tomcat release? Out of the box bundle with Harmony?
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2007 20:59:02 GMT
2007/11/8, Preston L. Bannister <preston@bannister.us>:
> Yes, any such bundle should be under Harmony, not Tomcat.

Why not Tomcat ?

> Speaking as an application developer, the (outside?) chance that a customer
> could go to download Tomcat, and end up with Harmony - this does not make me
> happy.  At least until I have a *lot* more confidence in Harmony.  Tomcat is
> expected to be mature and reliable.

If you're confident in Tomcat ,so a 'bundled' Harmoy/Tomcat will help
Harmony team fix failures in the Java Runtime you could detect.

BTW, Harmony people, may I suggest you be to contact the JPackage team
(www.jpackage.org).

They bundle in RPM format major Java applications for Linux boxes and
having an OSS JRE/JDK like Harmony will be very usefull to them.

Regards and long life to Harmony and others Java Opened implementations :)