tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <devli...@hanik.com>
Subject Re: Time to organise svn - Take 3
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2007 13:52:16 GMT
Mark Thomas wrote:
> jean-frederic clere wrote:
>
>> Why Friday? Shouldn't we wait until 6.0.15 (or 6.0.15 + n) is voted stable?
>>

> We can do if that is the preference. My motivation is that I am keen to get
> back to a CTR codebase asap as I find only having RTC a real pain.

he he, I think everyone does, however two months ago you said
"I don't see a need for a separate 6.0.x and 6.1.x development at this
point. I have yet to see a convincing technical argument that there is
something sufficiently new and/or different to justify this overhead."

has anything changed since before when we had trunk and 6.0.x, to the
point where we have more resources and more todos to maintain 6.0.x,
6.1.x and trunk? This is one more branch than we used to have.

wouldn't it be better to hold of on the 6.1.x until there is a feature
set for that release, and only have trunk. Otherwise we will have two
6.0.x branches, just one is named 6.1.x but there is nothing different
with them

Filip