tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Tomcat Wiki] Update of "FAQ/Class Not Found" by GianlucaVarisco
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2007 18:20:02 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by GianlucaVarisco:
http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/FAQ/Class_Not_Found

        * You have fully qualified your class name (eg:{{{ com.bar.package.MyClass }}}) OR
        * You have imported your class into your jsp (eg: {{{ <%@ pageimport="com.bar.package.MyClass"%>
}}})

- ''' Why do I get {{{ java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/servlet/Filter? }}}'''
+ ''' Why do I get {{{ java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/servlet/Filter}}}?'''

  You probably have servlet.jar floating around somewhere it shouldn't be. This really messes
up the classloaders since Tomcat's classloaders don't act quite as normal as one expects (see
links above). servlet.jar should only be found only once in $CATALINA_HOME/common/lib.