tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Yoav Shapira" <yo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Mavenization (M10N) of Tomcat Build Process - Should Tomcat Be Migrated to Maven 2?
Date Fri, 19 Oct 2007 17:44:57 GMT
Hey,

On 10/19/07, Paul Shemansky <paul.shemansky@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm going to keep waiting for more a few more +1s in the
> "as-an-alternate" category before doing any real work on it.

Speaking only for myself, I don't see how waiting helps anything.  I'm
+0 to you (or anyone else) doing the work and showing us a working
Maven build.  I'm -0 to committing to a build system idea before I see
its implementation.  It's just like most other issues or enhancement
requests: I'm always open to new ideas but I want to see the proof in
the pudding, so to speak.

And that's coming from someone who used Maven for his day job the past
couple of years, so is not a Maven opponent.

Yoav