tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject JdkLoggerConfig missing?
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2007 18:45:12 GMT
I've been trying to figure out how Tomcat initializes it's logging
and am now very confused.  It appears that the juli is initialized in
this static block in DirectJDKLog.

     private static final String
SIMPLE_FMT="org.apache.tomcat.util.log.JdkLoggerFormatter";
     private static final String
SIMPLE_CFG="org.apache.tomcat.util.log.JdkLoggerConfig";

     static {
         if( System.getProperty("java.util.logging.config.class")
==null  &&
                 System.getProperty("java.util.logging.config.file")
==null ) {
             // default configuration - it sucks. Let's override at
least the
             // formatter for the console
             try {
                 Class.forName(SIMPLE_CFG).newInstance();
             } catch( Throwable t ) {
             }

The reason, I'm confused is the JdkLoggerConfig doesn't seem to
exist.  I searched google and found the source in a sandbox branch,
but I don't think it was ever coppied to trunk.

Anyway, anyone know where logging is initialized now days?

Thanks,

-dain