tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Costin Manolache" <>
Subject Re: [LOBBYING] Add nio connector to configuration validation
Date Fri, 19 Oct 2007 20:11:26 GMT

The setProperty was done way before JMX, and it's quite hacky. I think
standardising on JMX-like model is better - i.e. if we make changes to
setProperty and connector configuration, it should bring it closer to JMX.

In  JMX we have a "void setAttribute(...) throws AttributeNotFound", plus a
method to get supported attribute names.

So instead of returning the boolean - I think it would be better to add a
method to list supported attributes ( and with some changes to modeler this
could be reflected in the mbean - right now setProperty is ignored ). It's a
bit more complicated - but also more valuable.