tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul Shemansky" <paul.sheman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Mavenization (M10N) of Tomcat Build Process - Should Tomcat Be Migrated to Maven 2?
Date Fri, 19 Oct 2007 16:03:24 GMT
William,

FYI - I love Gentoo.

On 10/18/07, William L. Thomson Jr. <wltjr@gentoo.org> wrote:
> Gentoo's vote -1 for Tomcat using Maven to build instead of Ant :)
>
> On Wed, 2007-10-17 at 23:26 -0700, Bill Barker wrote:
> > I'm pretty much going to agree with Costin on this one.  I have no objection
> > to having a maven build as an alternative to the ant build (assuming that it
> > can do the same thing, which I don't really believe without seeing the pom).
>
> Only way I would be some what open to it is if the ant build system
> remained and maven was offered as an alternative. But maven only, no
> way. Alternative, doesn't matter, keeps all happy, but is it worth the
> dev time?

I think it is safe to assume that Ant is pretty much no longer on the
table for being replaced anytime soon.  As far as your issues with
packaging Maven in Gentoo, I wish you the best of luck.  I think we're
still waiting for more +1 votes to see if it is worth the dev time.
Only time will tell.  At this point I don't think I'm gonna hold my
breath.