tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul Shemansky" <paul.sheman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Mavenization (M10N) of Tomcat Build Process - Should Tomcat Be Migrated to Maven 2?
Date Fri, 19 Oct 2007 11:51:02 GMT
On 10/17/07, Konstantin Kolinko <knst.kolinko@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, Paul!

> You may start playing in some sandbox, creating a directory structure
> there, and pulling branches of tomcat code through the use of
> svn:externals property. It is called creating a view.

Thanks Konstantin,

I agree with the svn:externals setup, and can easily start putting
together a proof-of-concept.  However, since I still retain a "newbie"
status, I have no way to show it to anyone here, other than hosting it
myself.  I am ambitious, but until I see a clear acceptance, approval,
and direction of this effort, I am inclined to hold off.