tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Ward Comfort <icomf...@rescomp.stanford.edu>
Subject Re: mod_jk 1.2.25, JkEnvVar evaluated too many times
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2007 09:51:50 GMT
On Oct 22, 2007, at 11:24 PM, Mladen Turk wrote:
>> By adding some additional instrumentation to the code, I can see
>> that each AJP packet is constructed with ((1 + 17) * 13) = 234
>> envvar attributes -- the whole set of attributes is appended 18
>> times in succession.  (Often this overflows the default maximum
>> packet size.)
>
> Can you use JkLogLevel debug and attach the packet dumps as well as
> the the config?

Sure.  For a little more information, I first applied a small patch
to the 1.2.25 source [1].  For simplicity's sake I used a stripped-
down Apache configuration with 3 VirtualHosts and a single JK worker
[2] [3].  I've posted the resulting log output [4] and tcpdump output
[5] generated with 'tcpdump -i lo -s 0 -w ajp.dump tcp port 8009'.

[1] http://rescomp.stanford.edu/~icomfort/jk/logging.patch
[2] http://rescomp.stanford.edu/~icomfort/jk/httpd.conf
[3] http://rescomp.stanford.edu/~icomfort/jk/workers.properties
[4] http://rescomp.stanford.edu/~icomfort/jk/mod_jk_log
[5] http://rescomp.stanford.edu/~icomfort/jk/ajp.dump

I get similar results with my fully-configured Apache 2.2.6 server.

Let me know if I can provide any more information.

--
Ian Ward Comfort <icomfort@rescomp.stanford.edu>
System Administrator, Student Computing, Stanford University