tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <devli...@hanik.com>
Subject Re: Mavenization (M10N) of Tomcat Build Process - Should Tomcat Be Migrated to Maven 2?
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2007 22:03:21 GMT
Rémy Maucherat wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-10-17 at 16:21 -0400, Paul Shemansky wrote:
>
>> It is not my intention to start a flame war between Ant and Maven
>> users, but merely to propose Maven 2 to this group, and respectfully
>> use this thread to discuss the advantages and disadvantages of
>> switching Tomcat's build process within the 6.0.x or possibly 7.0
>> release schedule. Please use this thread to voice your opinion.  Reply
>> to this message with any comments, and/or simple votes for or against
>> the migration to Maven 2.
>>

> I don't think this work is acceptable in 6.0.x.

to elaborate more for you, 6.0.x is our current 6.0 release branch.
We are using RTC, Review-Then-Commit policy here, and introducing maven
into a stable release branch like this, is probably not the best idea.
What you should focus your proposal on, is our "trunk" that doesn't yet
exist. Once we have a trunk, ideas and contributions get discussed and
added there, then they can be suggested for a back port.

At this moment, we don't have a trunk, but you can assume that there
will be one