tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: svn commit: r582291 - /tomcat/tc6.0.x/trunk/STATUS
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2007 15:42:18 GMT
remm@apache.org wrote:
> +* Fix explicit flush before response commit in the org.apache.jk AJP connector.
> +  http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&revision=580815
> +
> +  +1: remm

I admit, that I don't have a better solution, but nevertheless a
question: In case the flush comes to early, i.e. before the headers are
set up correctly, it wcould be safer to drop the flush.

The reason for a flush usually is, to make sure, that prepared
information reaches the client soon, and is not kept back by any buffering.

Detecting an unconditional flush is not easy, so I'm OK to commit and
flush, whenever it makes sense. But if we are to early in the request
handling, we will send out headers, that might not fit to the response
generated later.

So my question is: is there a reliable way to detect, if it would be
safer to just drop a flush request?

Regards,

Rainer