tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Johnny Kewl" <j...@kewlstuff.co.za>
Subject POJO Application Server Released Version 1.0 is out
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2007 06:16:35 GMT
Now Tomcat is also a cool pojo application server

Wasnt long ago when I said, "hey look here" we running normal Java applications on Tomcat.
This has now evolved into a new technology called the POJO application server.
A server that runs "normal java applications".
ie the applications run outside the server as well.

It took us a little time to define the theory because its something that just evolved with
time, and we have put a tremendous amount of effort into the site, to try get others to see
this incredible concept.
For example, this should help one understand what a POJO application server is.
http://coolharbor.100free.com/tuts/what_harbor_does/what_harbor_does.html

The simplicity of this mean machine never stops amazing us, we're addicted to POJO now, but
its the power that is awesome.

When you start dropping games into this server, its ability becomes all too apparent.
And the best part is that the "whole" application is on the server, UI's just pop up on remote
machines, its magic.

Download it, its a servlet, drop it into Tomcat... it will blow your mind
Its free... naturally ;)

Have Fun...