tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r575332 - in /tomcat/tc6.0.x/trunk: java/org/apache/naming/resources/FileDirContext.java webapps/docs/changelog.xml
Date Fri, 14 Sep 2007 19:46:41 GMT

On Sep 14, 2007, at 2:49 PM, Costin Manolache wrote:

> It may also have some implications on other use cases - deployment
> ( the
> current pattern
> is that all files for a webapp are in one place ), replication
> ( i.e. if
> someone wants same webapps
> on a pool of servers ).

To me this is an important point... the beauty of
webapps is that, well, they are self contained.

But I can also easily see the advantage, from an admin
and even developer PoV for more flexibility.

Basically, of course, Aliases are runtime configurations
of what could be done via file-system provided symlinks...
So the security and API issues should see what, if anything,
can be gleamed from that...